Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: SYSTEM OPTIMIZATION
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

re-opened, stop locking.

"tc:e could use some optimization and when i say "optimization" i dont mean that the quality should be reduced because ive tried to change my video card setting to the fastest performance and it still laggs when i join in a server after the map load,

but i tried playing 0.49 on my brother's laptop"dua core processor", and i didnt had problems with laggs,

so the requirements shouldnt be "Pentium III 600 Mhz processor"
http://www.truecombatelite.net/content/view/18/32/

but it should be "Intel Dua Core"

but in my opinion tc:e should be accesible for all quality computers therefor i think that tc:e could use some system optimization so computers with a much lower quality could run tc:e with out having allot of laggs,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:38 pm 
High Master
High Master

Your processor isn't the problem. If you have a 600MHz, when you should be able too play. Assuming that your video card can handle it. Furthermore, ram is another issue.
Some people have some trouble running this game on a geforce 5200 128 mb, which is about an equivalent to a ATI Radeon 9150 128 mb.

There is a lot more to PC's than their processors. I ran this game just fine with an AMD Athlon 2400 XP, which runs at 2GHz, with a gefroces 6200 256 mb, and 1 gig of ram. The game ran smoothly.

Tell me your system specs and I will tell you what your problem might be. Find out what type of video card your using, and how much ram you have. Along with your processor specs.Making post about the game needing updates is useless if it turns out to just be your comp. (If you have Intel integrated graphics then thats your problem right there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:00 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it was locked for a reason. it was given a no, and led itself pointlessly off-topic.

consider yourself warned.

also, not everyone can get a dual-core processor. and minimum specs are the ones that it runs on, but not neccesarily well. it's like running half-life 2 on a voodoo2 card. it can be done, but it ags like hell and it looks awful.

also, the reccomended specs are what I was running for a while, and it worked very well for me.

also, you CANNOT optimize someones computer eery thime they connect to a server as it would require a TON of power, along with taking up anohter 2-3 minutes, and being impossible to code (VALVe softwares steam has a similar function with defragmenting of game files, but it eats up resources and slows down everything during that time. and a move to steam would be vetoed by everyone.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]