All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Welcome to the S.Q.U.A.D.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:26 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Heyas!
I am the founder and leader of S.Q.U.A.D. , a TC:E Machinima series in it's baby stages. Actually, to be more precise, it's about a year and a half old already and I still haven't been able to get the ball rolling (at least not very far). Ok, here's the story (in short..... kinda)....

Quick Note: You can go ahead and skip my sob story if you want and get right to my video download at the bottom!

Back about a year ago I started this product from within my high school's STLP chapter (I am now in college). I emailed TT and asked if it was ok to use TC:E for our soon to be (hopefully, at least) series. They replied saying that they had talked to the makers of WET and that they (along with TT of course) had given the project their official stamp of approval.
Well I went to work on the first episode only to have everyone goof around like a bunch of children, killing people before and during the shooting of scenes, and my entire team just half-assing it through the entire project (this includes the voice acting... uggh). The entire thing was actually only allowed to happen because it was to be entered into a competition. Worst of all, I didn't even get to edit it myself (the preppie-ass assistant sponser did it). the results were unbearable. Audio levels would go from ear-drum-bursting to can't-hear-a-damn-thing, then back again from scene to scene. Also, the *I <3 the cawk* cut out ALL THE FUNNIEST PARTS!!!! Needless to say, we DID NOT come close to winning the competition. Afterwards I found out my team only wanted to help because of the competition, remove that and they were uniterested and refused to do any more shooting (unless it was shooting each other). So that was it. Now here we are a year later, and I'm still trying to get stuff organized to get this thing moving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS IS WHERE YOU STOP SKIPPING, YOU FAIRY!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, now that I'm done crying, here's what I REALLY want you guys to see if nothing else..... the first preview of the series..... sort of.....
it's an intro I made for the series recently using our old episode 1 intro footage and some music I kinda.....erm..... borrowed and editied (shortened) from a mod of an open-sorce game..... confused yet? Just download and watch the video here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IK1BQRU8 and tell me what you guys think (but keep in mind this is old-ass footage shot on crappy 800mhz Dells... BLEAH!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:01 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I'm sorry, I don't click links that say "Click Here to Proceed".

I don't trust new members to the forum's that is that post that stuff, it might not be lagit.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska, find the thread for the TCE media I posted. Pos your link there, there no need for any other information besides the link, and the name of the site we are going to when we click the link, maybe some file info like file sizes. That way, in the future these will be added to the TCE official fan media.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:19 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Silentcrisis wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't click links that say "Click Here to Proceed".

I don't trust new members to the forum's that is that post that stuff, it might not be lagit.

~Silentcrisis

I certainly see where your coming from with this, but there is no need to be paranoid. I have noticed by observing some of your posts that you have a very stern and serious way of approaching things, and I respect that. I may not have been part of the actually community on the forums over the years, but I have been following TC since the early Q3 builds. If you would like, I could post the video on Putfile so you can just stream it instead of downloading it (it's also only 3-4 mb, so it won't take long to stream either).
Rest assured that this is lagit..... only thing I'm wondering is in what way would you think it isn't?
Do you mean the download site? Did you think the video would have a virus attached or something? or were you questioning wether my story about getting permission from TT is true? I DID get their permission, but I may not STILL HAVE that permission considering in their eyes I prolly just gave up. I would most definately go to regain or re-establish that permission before moving forward with the project. Also, I am not to that point yet, so I'm not going to worry about it right now. I'll go ahead and put the video on Putfile and post the link. Wether you watch it or not is yet again up to you.

[EdiT] - Here's the url ----> http://media.putfile.com/Intro-Sequence-to-SQUAD

Now none of you have an excuse not to watch this (at least once).
I'd like some feedback of some sort, so cumon people! Tell me what you think (good or bad, I don't care.... just please be honest!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:48 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Evil_Muska, find the thread for the TCE media I posted. Pos your link there, there no need for any other information besides the link, and the name of the site we are going to when we click the link, maybe some file info like file sizes. That way, in the future these will be added to the TCE official fan media.

Done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:49 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Muska, I dowloaded the vid (took forever, I am dialup! Hehe) and I must say I love the intro.

I don't know what kind of feedback you were looking for, but I watched it 3 times (so you know I liked it) Hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:15 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

to be honest I havent watched it yet, but I will when I get back this afternoon. Im rathey busy having a 500 item math homework (teacher is whacko)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:59 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Diane wrote:
Muska, I dowloaded the vid (took forever, I am dialup! Hehe) and I must say I love the intro.

I don't know what kind of feedback you were looking for, but I watched it 3 times (so you know I liked it) Hehe.

Positive feedback is always a good thing, thanx! :mrgreen:
Oh yeah and lol about the dialup, I used to have it for a LOOONG time........ and actually, the fact that you took time to download it over DIALUP is an even BETTER thing, so DOUBLE THANX! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:19 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

nice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:12 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Thanx. I REALLY love that music I used, but like I said, it's kinda borrowed. I'd like to use it as the theme song, but I'd have to e-mail the guy who did it and explain my situation to make sure it's ok with him. After all, he's the one who played that guitar so well (I just shortened it so it would fit).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:00 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I have finally finished remastering the original 1st episode of S.Q.U.A.D.!

You can download the High-res version here--> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8HTJMOIP
But most likely (since the High-res is like 40mb) you'll want to grab the Low-res version (15 or so mb, still high for dialup), where you can get here--> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J6GS50NY

Now, before you watch, here are some things you should know.....

1. The voice acting is going to be pretty bad, even mine needed some work at the time (I'm the 4th guy to speak, or the second guy in the second scene, my voice was a lot higher than it is now). Also, everyone (not including me) decided to ditch my script and kinda semi-improv the whole thing. There are still some pretty funny spots, but it would have been a LOT funnier otherwise.
2. Pretty much everyone who did voice-acting in this version will not be doing the voices (aside from myself) of those characters. I will be finding new recruits for them (my best friend has already signed up, but his voice acting REALLY needs some work).
3. The head-bobbing is going to start out weak (you won't be able to tell who is who in the first scene until the last few seconds) but it gets better as the video progresses (mostly because I jumped in and started doing a lot of it, expecially for the character I play).
4. You may notice that the audio has this annoying crackling sound to it. That's because of our crappy mic, and the fact that we screwed it up when we saved it. I DID, however, fix the problem with the audio LEVELS. You shouldn't have to constantly adjust the volume while watching this.
5. I fixed most of the cut out jokes, but 1 of them could not be redone.
When you get to the scene where the terrorist says "Ok, let's repost." there was supposed to be something funny (physical) at the end, but it was cut short.

If you guys notice anything else please tell me, this way I'll be able to remember them and avoid any such problems when I actually start working on the real episode 1.

PS: Xeno, I am going to add these to the archive as soon as I'm done posting this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:43 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I am downloading this overnight, I'll let you know what I think in the morning :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:53 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Thanks for posting the links in the appropriate thread aswell. Ill be sure to check them out when i can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:20 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

"OMG... GET THE CAMERA!"

Hehe. I thought it was funny. Nice work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:42 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Diane wrote:
"OMG... GET THE CAMERA!"

Yeah, that's my buddy Jason..... he's kind of a closed in guy, but when he wants to, he can be REALLY funny. I have to say he was prolly the best actor out of all of us. I think I should give him a call.... :D

[EdiT] Oh yeah, btw... I wrote that! :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next