Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: TK Issue
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:37 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I Have Noticed And Thought I Should Bring To The TCE-Junkies That,, If You TK Sumone On Accident And The Say Your Sorry And They Dont Complain---YOUR SCORE STILL GOES down---i mean dats just sumthing i dont understand!!!---

Opions are welcome---but dont get smart allecky with it (Xeon-Dragonthan...ECT)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

sadly that's how the scoring system works. I'd personally like to see -1 pts for a TK no matter what, but -3 if a complaint is filed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:59 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Slimm wrote:
Opions are welcome---but dont get smart allecky with it (Xeon-Dragonthan...ECT)

You forgot me. :wink:
j/k, I only really get smart alleck with Dragon, but that's another topic.

it wrote:
I'd personally like to see -1 pts for a TK no matter what, but -3 if a complaint is filed.

I really like this idea. It would help sqelch and discourage intentional TK's..... but then again it could give some asshole who doesn't aknowledge you apology the power to overpunish you..... meh, it's give and take....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:48 pm 
High Master
High Master

I'd like a -10 per TK, but that might be because I like to watch a noob score do down faster than easy Jenny goes down on any man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

there is really nothing we can do about teamkillers - beside voodoo, but I dont know how to do that. As long as multiplayer fps games continue to follow the trends made by the jackasses of whom the major of those came from CS are all totaly eliminated. That kind of gameplay did not exist until the middle years of CS - and to me that is the scapegoat to all the issues from tk, lamers, spawncampers, cheaters, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:57 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
I'd like a -10 per TK, but that might be because I like to watch a noob score do down faster than easy Jenny goes down on any man.

Yeah, that'd get annoying for me, because I have a bad habbit of making headshots...

And if I don't properly identify the character down range... then... :?

Well, let's just say I get kind of pissed...

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:33 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you need to play a bit of AA's Mout training, it really trains you ingame skill to quickly identify targets and accurately shoot them in split seconds. The map has several rooms the you have to go through. The targets are randomly placed and mixed with friendly troops and civvies. To have to be able to shoot down all identified enemies with a timer. It tracks accuracy, time, and your ability to tell apart friend from foe in split seconds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The purpose of that training isnt just to represent what the real army does, but it actually helps pleyers learn to avoid TK because they cant identify the opfor apart from friendly troops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:13 am 
High Master
High Master

Quote:
Yeah, that'd get annoying for me, because I have a bad habbit of making headshots...

And if I don't properly identify the character down range... then... Confused

Well, let's just say I get kind of pissed...

~Silentcrisis

That is why I make kills based on where the player is at. I normally go by where the player is and what direction he is going, and I rarely get tk's. (Unless the player is white, because all white people should die!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:02 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well there is no way of telling if they are white or not.

To avoid TK you have to suppress and hold your fire. You cant just shoot anything and everythnig that moves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:03 pm 
High Master
High Master

It works for me, I don't get many tk's. About 1 tk for every other map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:19 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:

That is why I make kills based on where the player is at. I normally go by where the player is and what direction he is going, and I rarely get tk's. (Unless the player is white, because all white people should die!)[/quote]

Maybe instead of Bitching about white people you should try shutting that biggot mouth of yours this is a public fourm with KIDS on it who do not need to be subject to Racist comments like yours

Back on subject:
nothing much you can do about the TKing here since the remove the Friendly Icons people had to readjust some learn not to TK but others dont care but 99% all with say sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

READ ATTENTIVELY

the solution is very simple, just SHOW player's name above the model's head, its like a replacement for the arrows... and some will say its unrealistic... but the name right under the model's foot isnt so realistic either..
guys its a game... if you want something extreme realistic, than join the army or something.

look SPECOP: "blue names" above the player's head"

look TERRORIST: "red names" above the player's head"

not only will it reduce the team kills but it does look cool too...

READ ATTENTIVELY

now some of you hate it when you see the name of the players above the model's head constantly... but this should be an option for players.. you can choose for "let player's name appear the hole time" or... "let the player's name appear only when you point your gun towards your team mate"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL SUGGESTION

now why do the text colors of the 2 teams always have to be RED and BLUE in most games?
its starting to be a cliche for most games, "bad guys red, good guys blue" its rediculous and a bit overdo, well since RED and YELLOW is the offical TCE's color of terrorist and specop,

see:

why not make the BLUE text color yellow, its the official specop color of TCE. so instead of a BLUE text color above the player's head, why not make it yellow "the official specop color"
it should look something like this:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

As much as possible we want it the other way around. Absolutely minimize the hud and all its icons. If you need to have a name shown, only when you have your mouse/gun aimed at them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

personally

I'd like to see the mouse-over names removed except for in close range (<50 yds). it's rare IRL that you can identify exactly who a person is just by looking at them from 100 yds away. TK quantities would increase, but if you know what your team looks like....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:04 am 
High Master
High Master

Quote:
Maybe instead of Bitching about white people you should try shutting that bigot mouth of yours this is a public forum with KIDS on it who do not need to be subject to Racist comments like yours

Back on subject:
nothing much you can do about the TKing here since the remove the Friendly Icons people had to readjust some learn not to TK but others don't care but 99% all with say sorry.

Your quote wasn't executed properly, you may want to fix it. Furthermore, why silence the truth? Is it because you want to keep your nefarious plans secret, or is it because you can't handle the truth? Also, why bring this up now?

P.S. You made a few spelling errors, which I fixed. All errors are in red. However, I didn't want to get into grammatical errors because I don't believe I have good grammar, and I don't think I would be suited to fix any errors.

Now back to the subject at hand, I there should be no hint of what team the player is on other than the uniform. In real life you names don't show up when you aim at a guy does it? When I look at a random guy on a street his name doesn't appear over his head. In real life all you get is a uniform and the general idea of where your comrades are. I never went by a triangle over a head, nor have I waited for names to appear, I simply go by uniforms, where the guy is and what way he is going, and as I mentioned before I get very few tks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next