All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: TC:E NextGen edition [Tango Down]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:05 am 
Expert
Expert

I think you started it up wrong ?
This is the launcher : http://www.majesticblack.com/images/inlauncher.jpg
This is the editor with a yet unnamed map. Needed a scene to test watershaders with and it kinda got out of hand.

The Unreal Engine has come a long way, now you can also do a lot in the editor that needed
external packages like Motionbuilder. To retarget the anim for the new char all was needed
was the UE4 (anim comes from 5 diff. skeletons). Not to mention that ingame graphics can
be made photo-realistic and that it certainly is now very fitting to create animation with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6PQ19BEE24 Unreal Paris tour.
Kite (animation) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gafvTn-UbM

Looking forward to 4.8 release, it will have the assets of the Kite included and comes with a
lot of updates on nature elements and open world. It now also has a pretty good lightmap
generation, the following consists of 2 parts, namely the roof (low res lightmap) and the
rest (higher res). No work on prepping lightmaps.

Crossbow editor :
I think our editor is easier to use because ours has a Task orientated GUI and most editors
have a general purpose GUI ? Hide what you dont use. For the Crossbow editor we're
aiming for a very young audience so even 10yr old kids will be able to use it.

Besides the building creator it's also going to get a decent Material painting tool (with UV
generation/baking) and a basic geometry editor with CSG features. NaughtyNights and
DubCH are working on the integration of particle systems made with our editor so it can
import into the UE4 engine, if this gets done we're one step closer to a more complete
integration as middleware tool.

It has full integration for ThreeJS and BabylonJS libraries, which can read animated
MD2,MD5 and Q3 BSP(v46). Yes, yes, I know, 47 will pop up one day when we find the
time to update it. Would be fun to see how things look if we'd use standardized base
materials that could be applied to the original textures like an auto-apply thing regardless
of what map you'd load.

What also could work on any Q3 mod is the (aim)bot approach, override the
graphics. We disable Et:legacy's/ TCs renderer (and some other things) put a plugin in it's
place and let the Crossbow engine render the game.

Post already too long to add the actual updates on Tango Down... Room for a tiny one ?
Busy on some Apex stuff : destructable walls and turning clothes into Apex clothing
+ new skeleton still needs 250 more anims converted out of a total of 850+. All
animsequences that are done are also tweaked and ready to use (no motionbuilder
involved).

Will do a more elaborate update next time, made lots of progress on many fronts. Some
come with nice screens and perhaps a video. Also got screens of another project for ya.
Plus bringing back the easter egg on easter, after easter it will lead to the X itself ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:34 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

So this project is dead lol. Knew it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:26 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I hope not. :?

What's going on?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:35 am 
Marksman
Marksman

It's the time of the year people take their exams. Some have more than others.
Ironically we are in the middle of an acreditation process.
When the procedure is done MajesticBlack is(has) a certified college.

Small updates can be found on Twitter.
New attachments, more guns, 22 servers added in this month alone.
Our office is running out of space and are looking for a new one.

Unreal Engine 4.8 came out a few days ago.
The engine choked on some of our maps, we needed 4.8.
Working on updating the code to 4.8 new screenshots soon.

Compiling lights takes 4-5 days on a single machine for some maps,
we use networked compiling to speed this up.

Dead ? No.
Gearing up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:27 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Quote:
When the procedure is done MajesticBlack is(has) a certified college.

Better get your webserver fixed then..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:32 pm 
Master
Master

its all garbage and a huge waste of our broad band... Just tripe and more tripe, gtfo tce.com and post this rubbish on your own site...... but like Cheese said.... that is down, Great team... a certified college eh?? uh-huh..........

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:31 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I remember you begging us daily for our compile string
See you haven't improved any skills in 6 years
Still the same lame Karl

You're not very original either you already posted that same text.
You copy and paste insults ?
You need a cheat sheet to get at people ?
How autistic is that.

Karl you do know that we got an appointment at the courts for your last outburst.
My real first name is detective
Caesar's first name is something far worse
Keep digging your own grave.

Quote:
Post this rubbish on your own site

Not something you have any saying about dumb nazi
But do keep on showing everyone what CQB dev team is about

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:34 pm 
Master
Master

I have never asked you for anything at all, I certainly didnt ask for any compile string, i posted asking for tcq3map2 and ceaser replied with some rubbish that was confirmed by coroner who gave me tcq3map2 and basically said what i had thought all along, you are full of sh#t... honestly give up, you guys are a bunch of glory wh#res.

hahahahaha court ahahahaa,, you was christened Detective lmfao ahaha omg, keep trying to intimidate me, because that'll just make me laugh more, and Ceasers first name is something worse?!?! OMG hahahahahahahahaa. And stop talking like you know me... and a nazi?! wtf... but I like that you used my first name, the personal touch is great, but just makes you seem like some sort of weirdo internet stalkers, Jokers for sure.

NaughtyNights wrote:

Quote:
Post this rubbish on your own site
Not something you have any saying about dumb nazi

And you still haven't got the message and believe me, I could do plenty about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:44 am 
Expert
Expert

Sup! It's been a while. It was a bit hard to find this after the thread's name has been changed.

Doesn't look like this progressed a lot. I mean I'd happy with just seeing a half complete model running around on a half complete map showcasing some mechanics it's got. Kinda like how the new Unreal Tournament works right now. I'm sorry, but if I haven't been here for a full year and then come back and see nothing worth seeing, it's simply bs.

The supposedly new TC:CQB? No, no, that will be neither complete or successful. Especially not running on ET:Legacy. UE4 is free and if you don't make revenue from the game you release, you don't have to pay Epic anything because 25% of 0 is is still 0. Not that there isn't interest in a new TC game, because there is. I'd play tce if I wouldn't get BSODs on win7 all the time and if it had at least 7 active players on a server. It's just that the way it is made, it's not going to work.

Either way, anyone who wants more TC should just get Insurgency on Steam. These games were pretty much going to be the exact same thing as Insurgency. Modders can create maps for it and shit. There's no point in doing something that's already done.
Here's my review, I made a detailed comparison with TC:E: http://steamcommunity.com/id/1nVader/re ... ed/222880/

Karl is one hell of a name this day and age though :D Welp, was nice as long as it lasted. c u on the other side.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:01 pm 
Master
Master

InVader wrote:
The supposedly new TC:CQB?

TC:CQB Has made more progress that this project, If you check coroners thread you will see. I wont go into to much detail here, as for ET:l it is looking like TC:CQB Will end up running on something else for various reason's. The CQB Dev team has grown a little recently and updates and internal release are frequent and to be honest its all looking very promising.

Blue screen from tce?? And yeah sadly there is very few active players left but here is hoping we draw back the players with the next public release of CQB.

As for Insurgency, Its a great game, Personally Im looking forward to the release of source 2/sdk for more appealing than another unreal project, everyone and their mom is using unreal these days.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:15 pm 
Expert
Expert

Dim$tar wrote:
InVader wrote:
The supposedly new TC:CQB?

TC:CQB Has made more progress than this project, If you check coroners thread you will see. I wont go into to much detail here, as for ET:l it is looking like TC:CQB Will end up running on something else for various reason's. The CQB Dev team has grown a little recently and updates and internal release are frequent and to be honest its all looking very promising.

Borderline is, both games are unfinished. Glad to hear it might not use ET:L afterall though.

Dim$tar wrote:
Blue screen from tce?? And yeah sadly there is very few active players left but here is hoping we draw back the players with the next public release of CQB.

Why do you think people invented ET:L? A lot of people were getting blue screens on Win Vista+ systems. Old ET doesn't run on anything but XP.

Dim$tar wrote:
Personally I'm looking forward to the release of source 2/sdk for more appealing than another unreal project, everyone and their mom is using unreal these days.

Because it's stable and fast. All Source games run like crap on all the computers I ever tried playing them. I've never once in my life had problems with ANY UE based games (older versions too). Next best is still idTech3.

My experience with Source is highly variable fps, lot of stutters, time-outs (lol) and hell lot of crashes. The way it looks, doesn't do it justice either, because all source games look like plastic. The scalability it is praised? lol, i got UT3 running smooth on a 10-or-so year old laptop. Meanwhile, getting 30 fps from DotA 2 was impossible.

Source2.0 looks promising though. I was surprised to see it give me better performance in the new DotA2 Reborn beta client than the old Source 1 release. Looks nicer too, but a bit blurry (I'm sure they'll fix that soon).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:26 pm 
Master
Master

Seems our experiences are completely different, I have never had those problems you listed with any source game, and as for ET and newer OS, Never ever has it gave me blue screen, and I have updated my winOS when ever there was a new :/ only issue I have had and noticed is newer gpu not supporting old opengl (but I did find a share a fix for AMD based cards).. But yeah really opposite experiences, Each to their own I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:39 am 
Expert
Expert

Well, probably because I use NVidia. UE was always made in close collaboration with NVidia.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:54 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Gearing up? Looks dead to me. Maybe I should consult my lawyer because of false promises proclaimed in this topic lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:57 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I also like how heated up the developers become when dimstar said something critical :DDD What the *i-need-a-broader-vocab* is this bullshit project anyway, bunch of random nonsense screenshots :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next