All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 TC:E NextGen edition !!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:08 pm 
Expert
Expert

<sarcasm>So hard to use any search enginge of choice and search for evermotion archexteriors13 and link to an available image </sarcasm>

I guess it must sting that others legally can use that content because it was paid for,
instead of being a leech that downloads the pirated version from Russian download sites.
I should care where a picture of a package we bought came from ? I don't think so.

Additionally, it's still my decision which render/ graphical representation of models I use in
this tread. Boohoo, I didn't make an effort to sort out a scene, light it texture the whole
thing, waste a lot of precious dev time etc, so I can pleasure ignorant naabs like you that
feel they are too good to look at render the original artist made. FFS get over yourself. My
tread = my decision which renders I post, and who where you again that we should care so
much about your personal opinion of how people should post their pictures, that you so
ragingly try to pertrude upon others with accusations that borderline slander ?

After that you again make a stupid assumption because you have no idea how UDK packs
them, wether or not how we comply with Evermotion users agreements, or that we are
even using those models in Tango Down.

Quote:
I'll just post all the links myself in a next post if you're unable to do so.
Also, they come from dozens of different authors, so I'm really curious if you got all their
authorizations to use them in a free game, but also in a commercial one, since from all your
ramblings it seems to be what you're up to.

"so I'm really curious", again just like with Evermotion Licenses, you keep on making uneducated
guesses and insinuations. Do you seriously think that the license conditions on our models
are remotely any of your business ? Guess what, It's not. Got any problem with that and
I'll gladly refer you to our legal department. Posting remarks about something you haven't
got a clue about or that isn't even your business, doesn't only make you look stupid,
it proves you're a completely ignorant person.

"Finally, you keep mentioning a "team" working on "games", but you provide no
information on either of those two points."

This tread is not an outlet for other games or apps made by us or to talk about our team
(Who even cares FFS) or to name content contributors. Credits are something for the credit
section of the game and not for forums.

~-~
Back on Topic,

Nice gun Nameless, I like the Druganov, The pic with the silver scope is very nice.

The Druganov was originally in the line up, aswell as another snper rifle. Although I don't
think we got the Druga in such highly detailed version as the others. There still are a few
guns that will be remodelled for later use, like an update, but concentrating on getting the
selected weapons ingame, menu ready, with all correct settings and of course, with nice
UVs and textures.

The amount of sniper rifles we got, compared to any other group of weapons
is just massive. Eventually could add a gameplay with sniper-only and use
a large collection of these rifle as load out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:43 pm 
Expert
Expert

Pauly! You're being a buzz kill. People wanna play a new game soon not listen to your complaints. If there are issues as you say there are, please use private messages. Don't damage anyones reputation unless you got SOLID proof.

Caesar, please don't listen/respond to ignorant comments as they waste your time and stress you out. Which in turn will affect your work.

Anywho, SUPER GREAT progress sir. I'm really excited for it. So excited that if you take a break for a while i'll have a heart attack lol.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:06 pm 
Expert
Expert

|2oss® wrote:
Don't damage anyones reputation unless you got SOLID proof.

Exactly. So, he needs post the links to offer a proof, or retreat in his accusations. This forum is not an Inquisition court, but don't must accept any kind of comments that have a potential destructive effect without a solid proof IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:10 pm 
Expert
Expert

Brenner, even if he would post links to the guns, that still doesn't prove a thing. He was
acting like a baby because my collage of guns didn't say who made them.
But then again it's obvious he's only out to attack and will use just about lame argument
his feable mind can come up with (Like the one that this tread has nothing to do
with TCE).

Thing is he needs to prove is something he can't get any proof of at this moment :
* Proof that our use of Evermotion models wouldn't be in line with Evermotions users agreements.
* Proof that Tango Down actually uses Evermotion models
* Proof that any (gun) model used IN GAME is either used without permission from it's
creator or not in line with the creator's license agreements.

I don't see a downloadable version of Tango Down on this forum, so there's no way
he can even proof any of his allegations.

Don't worry, he's not any of my concern, let the lawyers handle that. He wouldn't
be the first this year that gets slapped with a defamation suit and lose miserably :lol:
If he doesn't care about damaging my reputation, the game's reputation, that of my
team, our external content creators or company then I certainly won't hesitate to
drag him to court, face down.

Ross, glad you didn't notice my little breaks in between lately ;-)
Been working with a lot of new software lately and still adjusting in some
cases. Also when I code a lot, I also tend to slack with screenschots a bit.

Been fiddling around with Flash lately, for the game menu's and HUD,
but decided to do the Hud solely with sprites and code, no Flash.
That in turn got me thinking of removing the complete main menu
and redo it solely with code and UDK scenes for backgrounds,
no Flash, no Scaleform. Got screensettings and key bindings done,
need to do server settings, table for scoreboard and server browser and it's done,
on to the next thing. Which actually would be 3rd person animation tweaking.

It calls for a vid when that 3rd person view is done ;-p

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:11 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

What saddens me is that all this bullshit is making one victim : TCE.

Caesar77 wrote:
I'll gladly refer you to our legal department

Get back to earth. You have no legal department, and for that matter no "department" at all.

You were interesting a few months ago when you showed off interesting work made by a one-man-army, but since then you have posted so much bullshit that you lost a good part of your credibility, and damage this website's credibility as a serious forum.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:04 pm 
Master
Master

From what I've seen, Caesar has been using this thread to promote "Tango Down" - a game he is making. He is a fan of TC:E, his game is based on it and of interest to current and former TC:E players.

Now. Even if his game was non existent trolling, which you can't prove, it doesn't really hurt TC:E or these forums since there are ~10 posts per week all together.

Basically, you're just attacking a guy who created and is posting in his own thread, just releasing some updates to what he did and discussing the game he's making. Plus, it is an interesting read on otherwise non active forums.

So, who's doing more harm?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:52 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Very excited to see SOMEONE working on a TC revival!

Played TC since the good ol' Q3 days. Worked on some maps for it even. I'm interested in mapping again, for the right game... so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread in the future!

A couple of thoughts:

Steam = SteamOS = a huge influx of gamers into the world of linux. Whether a codeweaver type port from a win version via Steam or a linux native version (let's you dodge the Steam royalties but still enjoy the fruits of a new gamer frontier) I definitely think a linux compatible version made possible somehow should not be dismissed as having little worth. (I'm a long time penguin hugger as well as a gamer).

I haven't seen anything specific about it but will Tango Down have free look ability? i.e. the ability to turn your head independent of where your gun is pointing? Since TCE pretty much shriveled up I've turned into a pretty serious ARMA junky, even made a map for THAT game... and the thing I am most looking forward to in 2014? It isn't a PS4... it's Oculus Rift! 'nuf said. ;)

Looking good so far! Hope you get a website or at least a FB page up soon too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:25 am 
Master
Master

[Skeptic mode activate]
Alright, I'll express my opinion on what you've posted so far in total about your game. Please correct me if I've posted false information. Chances are, I've misread everything.

* You want to have dynamic levels (thus, destructible or otherwise alterable parts of levels) in a +/- small way.
* Fairly large and possibly wide open levels.
* High power firearms - .357 magnum, 50cal sniper rifles and possibly others.

Am I the only one that doesn't see anything particularly "True Combat" about all that? I don't know about others, but True Combat for me has always been about relatively close quarters (which is why I barely understand why sniper rifles are even a thing in TC), more focus on small single squad tactics and a bit of realistic weapon handling and a specific movement system.

The fact that you have 50cals as "final and confirmed weapons" kinda makes me feel odd, as I simply cannot find a single way that such a monstrosity could be used. 50cals are made for 300+ meter engagements, not the 50 meter long levels that TC usually sports. Same applies to some other ideas you may have expressed in this thread.

[/Skeptic mode]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:32 pm 
Expert
Expert

Haraldzz wrote:
Please correct me if I've posted false information. Chances are, I've misread everything.

Mmmmm, I didnt get that thought at all. If you look at Goldman Systems, its really close quarters. Also, im sure Caesar will remake some of the famous maps from TC. Northport, Railhouse, Delta, Standard, etc. If he doesnt the community will.

About the .50 cal. Isnt it better to say "Yes! We have it!" than say "No, because it didnt fit close quarters combat" People LOVE sniping. (ME) :twisted:

Oktyabr wrote:
Steam = SteamOS = a huge influx of gamers into the world of linux.

Agreed. I'm not fully sure how it all works, but I hope it will combine console and pc networks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:03 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Imho @caesar77, if you release Tango Down for windows,linux and mac you'll probably get a tons of fans, me included :D

The Linux world today is very big, and he's growing hard in gaming purpose :)

I'm sure that with your experience, you can bring your amazing game in Linux with just a few hour :D

Such is the Rule of Honor

Lamb of God - Omerta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:43 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Gabe Newell made ​​the Windows platform games feasible in the past.
And SteamOS could be next.

:pistols: Linux has reached the number of players with MacOS platform (SteamValve).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:57 pm 
Expert
Expert

Dynamic levels - Can't think of any current TC map that SHOULD incorporate dynamic level
design. Not to mention it's just not fitting on existing TC maps. Dynamic level design
is something that was 'inhereted' from the original game I was working on, but decided
it would suit a version 2 / 1.x better. Regarding that kind of elements, I'd rather stay
true to TC in version 1.

Fairly large and open levels - Also more a Version 2 kind of thing.
If it pops up in Version 1, it would be accidental or an Alpha version of a version 2 map.
That is if we're talking new maps...

The Goldmann systems map has grown to just about 500% in size compared
to the original. Is it all playable ? No, that's about 400% that's just used to prettify the
edges of the map. It could be all made playable in due time, but for now it's only to
fill things up. Will this be the case for all maps ? No, absolutely not, the official
maps for example, they don't need to be made bigger, they have their edges dressed
nicely already.

Although I went through a lot of features, I did contemplate wether or not they would
suit the original TC formula and in many cases, it just didn't and it got bumped to
version 2 or got planned for a later version (1.x). I want to stay true to certain elements
in TC, yet try to update/add elements without throwing the game off balance or to estrange
it too much from the original. Some 'map features' even have been bumped to version 2
for the sole reason that version 1 should run on a fairly low-end system (even Ipads).
One good example would be making use of the features of DirectX11, those will
fit a second version more, than it will part 1.

One thing you address is that you love small maps
The feature of voting for next level... There will be no such option in Tango Down.
Why ? Because you as a gamer can choose the maps you want to play and which you don't
want to play, eliminating the need for the next map option. What will happen is that when
the server where you're currently be playing on will rotate to a map you didn't want to play,
will simply connect you to a server that is playing a map that you put in your 'approved' list.
People who host servers can set the gun loadout, so eliminating sniper rifles from a map
rotation with only closed quarter maps is one of the many possibilities.

You do got a very good point there about not being a realistic choice of weapon in some
surroundings, namely small maps. Although in real life , 50cal sniper rifles are used by
intervention teams and at a relative short distance (40-100m), they're not used indoors or
at very short distance like CQB is defined. A big difference between game and real life
would be that you'd never ever see a sniper with a 50cal run around like a mad man and
shoot either from the hip or do a quick snipe, it's simply not done in RL. I guess you'll be
hosting the one without the sniperguns and realism mode on (realistic reload times on guns) ;-p

SteamOS
Looks promising, not to mention that it was about time someone
ripped open the Linux game market. Also not 100% sure if I read it correctly,
at first I thought it streamed a game hosted from an outside source,where the
outside source could be considered the CPU and GPU parts of the system.
That certainly would mean a game is instantly playable on multiple patforms,
while maintaining the same development time as just one platform. Btw If this
IS the case, Steam is being very unoriginal, it's already been done.
Linux wise, I'm disappointed that Unreal doesn't support it out of the box and
resorting to using a webbrowser version powered by Unreal....meh...
Buying the sourcecode for this purpose..... welll, why have all others failed ?

Free look :
I've implemented free aim (albeit it behaves slightly different from TC), but haven't
implemented the free head movement CQB has. It's simply a feature that we
still have to implement, but is just one of those things that would need to have
the whole menu be ready, including the keybindings to shut the feature off.

Damien, you forgot the future players.
I'm hoping that both Coroner's and my work will not only atttract people who used to play,
like Oktyabr, but also people that never even heard of the game before. Hoping it will spark
people up again to express their creativty through mapping, making tools, textures, models etc.

My inability to make short posts
I apologize for that ;-)

I had another something something, but I'll keep that under wraps until that party has
mentioned us on their website ;-) Strange to say we got Paul's attack to thank for that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:45 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

The genius is simple.
Urban Terror, works on all 3 platforms very simple but functional!

It's that simple ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:14 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

It would seem you're doing this solo.
Its admirable to want try to do everything yourself - its just... difficult.

With a (more) modern engine like Unreal 3, having a decent asset creation pipeline is essential. It doens't matter if you have some code and can block out some maps, you still need to fill in all the gaps.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:23 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

lolrivaLL wrote:
The genius is simple.
Urban Terror, works on all 3 platforms very simple but functional!

It's that simple ...

i agree with you;
i came across true combat for this reason: linux support.

I will not put pressure on anybody, i'm just asking
bye

Such is the Rule of Honor

Lamb of God - Omerta

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next