All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:56 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
if u look at my list you can see that i allready bought CS:S, i will put your game list in consideration, thanks,...

if i buy a game i dont want a digital download, i prefer a physical copy of the game incase something happens with my computer i will have the copy somewhere,

If you buy something on steam you can download it again (because its considered as your game) if something happebs to your PC,

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:26 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Dragonathan wrote:
if i buy a game i dont want a digital download, i prefer a physical copy of the game incase something happens with my computer i will have the copy somewhere,

I'm guessing you have no clue what Steam is. The exact opposite is why you should want a "digital Download" over a physical copy. Physical copies can be damaged, lost or stolen. Steam has all your games available for download anytime, any place on any PC. You can download as many times as you'd like on multiple PC's. All your games are always there...it's this new thing called the internets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:14 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

|RR|GuidoTheKillerPimp wrote:
Dragonathan wrote:

I'm guessing you have no clue what Steam is. The exact opposite is why you should want a "digital Download" over a physical copy. Physical copies can be damaged, lost or stolen. Steam has all your games available for download anytime, any place on any PC. You can download as many times as you'd like on multiple PC's. All your games are always there...it's this new thing called the internets.

i have this..., yes i know what steam is and what it does, infact i have a steam account with games, yes u can demage or lose ur CD, but u can also forget u steam account password, thats one, and two... what if all your data in steam get corrupted and u lose all your data, than your basically screwed too, but i can see where your comming from, this actually a fifty fifty situation of what is better, physical or digital, i say both...

but i just want the game box, so it looks good on my shelf with the other games i have, a game box is like a collectors item for me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:31 pm 
Master
Master

Game CDs and game boxes for hardcore gamers and collectors, digital downloads for casual to semi-hardcore gamers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:43 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Dragonathan wrote:
but u can also forget u steam account password, thats one, and two... what if all your data in steam get corrupted and u lose all your data, than your basically screwed too,

Are you high??? How often do you forget a password? Do plan on playing games once every six months? Can't imagine any other reason someone would forget a password other than that.

I've had the same Steam account since 2006 and never had an issue with corrupted data. If you mean stats you can always backup that up if it even needs that. Most game stats are saved in the cloud.

Haraldzz wrote:
Game CDs and game boxes for hardcore gamers and collectors, digital downloads for casual to semi-hardcore gamers.

Negative...idiots buy games for a friggin bust of Duke Nukem or Helghast Helmet.

Digital downloads are instant gaming once a games released. While you're at your local Gamestop picking up your collectors box I'm already gaming.

Another reason Steam is worth it...patches. If have your Steam on all the time like I do all my games patch instantly. Never again will I have to load my COD4 disk on a new pc than have to search for all the patches. And than do it again for every friggin game disk.