All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:11 am 
Master
Master

:facepalm: always depends on the cards u compare. u cant compare single- and dual-gpus (basically 2 cards = obv performance boost but higher price)
nvidia's 590 is basically equally as good as the 6990 (both are dual-gpus), depending on the game, one will always have a slight lead tho.
BUT the price u gotta pay simply isnt worth it. YOU wont notice the difference of 10-20 fps more when they are already high enough with for example a 580 or a 6950 unlocked. u can max out all games with these cards, save money and possible problems (dual-gpus arent as reliable when it comes to performance, especially with new titles coz the drivers often fail).
so once again: 580/6950 is totally enough for u, but if u insist on wasting a lot of money go with 590/6990 (nvidia with more stable drivers atm). but imo its not worth wasting that much...

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:22 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

@SnaKeS3K i fallowed your advice and bought a GTX 580, now i have a problem it runs slow, could u tell me whats the best setting for the GTX 580, a screenshot of the nvidia control panel would be more helpful, thanks....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

EDIT: i have put everything to max setting and the quality is still bad.. help me please...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:42 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

nvm i figured it out, i had to change it from "Adjust image setting with preview" in the control panel, ive put it to the max and no problems...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

SnaKeS3K wrote:
overclock your gfx card with msi afterburner just a lil bit (eg. 5mhz on core is enough) and i promise you tce will perform a lot better (will give u stable performance with other games as well).
this is absolutely no danger to ur card at all and nothing can happen so dont be afraid. u can reset it with 1 click anyway.
try and report back ;)
y

source: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/11 ... overclock/
read:
Quote:
WARNING: Overclocking can F up your stuff. Overclocking wares down the hardware and the life-expectancy of the entire computer will be lowered if you overclock. If you attempt to overclock, I, Rogue_Jedi, and Overclockers.com and its inhabitants are not responsible for anything broken or damaged when using this guide.
This guide is merely for those who accept the possible outcomes of this overclocking guide/FAQ, and overclocking in general.

i wanna overclock my processor and get a subscore of 7.9, but im not gonna risk it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:43 am 
Master
Master

dude...
1. i was talking about the graphics card
2. only a slight overlcock which is harmless
3. the "guide" you posted is outdated (2005/6) and websites obviously have to mention the risks (and that only you are responsible for what u do), which doesnt mean any of that has to apply to u under normal circumstances
4. this guide is not for your cpu
5. your cpu can easily overclock and without any issues either (unless u want a high oc)

Last edited by SnaKeS3K on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:58 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

SnaKeS3K wrote:
dude...
1. i was talking about the graphics card
2. only a slight overlcock which is harmless
3. the "guide" you posted is outdated (2005/6) and websites obviously have to mention the risks, which doesnt mean any of that has to apply to u under normal circumstances
4. this guid isnt for ur cpu
5. your cpu can easily overclock and without any issues either (unless u want a high oc)

how many mhz should i increase to get a subscore of 7.9 from 7.6 for my cpu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:31 pm 
Master
Master

no mhz at all, the new sandy bridge cpus behave differently, you should only change the multiplier which also makes it easier to calculate the ghz u want^^
dont know how windows calculates the index, but why do u care anyway? the performance index in windows doesnt mean shit and no one really cares. only oc if u need it for more performance (and not only for a useless number to change)
depending on how high u wanna clock your cpu (default x34 multiplier ~3,4ghz iirc) raise the multiplier a bit, eg. by 2-3 for 200-300 more mhz effectively and then boot into windows and check ur temps under load to see how it works out (or if it crashes,..) theoretically u can keepn on upping the multiplier till its not stable anymore, then u'll need to change voltages,... which is probably not recommended for u as u dont "need" that much. just google i7 2600k overclock and u'll find hundreds of guides

Post subject: Re: specs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

specs updated:

CASE: RAPTOR CA 0300 SE
PSU: techsolo 850W ATX Power Supply
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k
MoBo: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68X-UD4-B3 socket motherboard
RAM: 8 GB DDR-3 PC3 2000MHz
VGA: 2x GTX 580 SLI
SSD: OCZ AGILITY 120 GB 540 READ WRITE SATA 3 600 MBPS
HDD: 1 TB SATA -3 600 MB WESTERNDIGITAL HARDDRIVE (+2TB external harddrive)
Blue-Ray: compatible with BD/DVD/CD Format "3D playback" BD10x 6x BD-R
SOUNDCARD: - 7.1 ATI High Definition Audio Device - Realtech High Definition Audio

MONITOR: HP 2710m Full HD 1920 - 1080p 27"

mouse: ROCCAT KONE+
keyboard: LOGITECH G510
headset: ROCCAT KULO 7.1 virtual soundcard

5.1 pc speakers comming soon

@SnakeS3K: i had to use 2 GPU to be able to run BF3 on ultra/max setting,
1 GPU is not enough,

and about overclocking, there is a warning on my CPU package, it says:
Quote:
Ulocked Processor Warning: Altering frequency or voltage may cause demage and is not warranted by Intel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:35 am 
Master
Master

All u bought (writen with red colour) is fail lol (i mean everything i see not u bought all shit) which 580 u bought ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:35 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

luka wrote:
All u bought (writen with red colour) is fail lol (i mean everything i see not u bought all shit) which 580 u bought ?

i bought 2x GTX 580 sli 1536mb GDDR5, its not the 3000mb but its good,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:56 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
luka wrote:

i bought 2x GTX 580 sli 1536mb GDDR5, its not the 3000mb but its good,

I mean which model like MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning (if u will oc u need good one)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

GIGABYTE GTX 580 sli, im not planning to overclock my GPU though,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:38 am 
Master
Master

Who cares about BF3 either way ? Its becoming stale after 35 hours.

The fact is, SLI is overkill and required for only few games in order to run,it maxed out.

SLI doesnt always grant you the advantage of double framerate because game either doesnt require that much procesing power or SLI drivers are crap.

You just spent 2x money of a game console into one extra videocard and still search for a way to get next TC for free :lol: ? (if it happens)

Man, good if i can spend 400 for new PC that i crucialy need soon.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:25 pm 
Expert
Expert

Wow... you guys are complete assholes. Learn to be nice and be happy for people when they are excited about what they bought. ( not u snake ) I feel sorry for whatever friends you 2 have because you guys are assholes. Prime reason why new people ( tho dragon is old school ) dont want to stay here cause of pricks like yourselves.

Dragon I hope your vid cards max out every game you play for the next few years :). Dont listen to assholes that might know shit about computers but dont know how to be normal human beings.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next