PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:38 am 
Master
Master

it looks like it's made in one of those third world country

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:36 am 
Master
Master

well I see some good stuff and I hope that you continue with your project! :D.
But you'll need some serious engine improvements as the game crashed when I were spawning 20-40 player models and my fps went from 100 to 5 during that period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:19 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Map editor is now available for pre-orderers. It contains two tools: the map editor itself and composite texture editor. Both are available for all three platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X).

Map editor uses brushes as main geometry along with ability to place models into the map. It works with hierarchy of groups and other powerful blocks, such as duplicators (great for stairs and other repeated things), prefabs and placement tool where physics engine is used to place things precisely on each other.

Composite texture editor is for editing detailed textures that can span over big areas (mostly useful to terrains). You can read more about it here.

Image Image
Image Image

To obtain the editor you have to pre-order the game and send me e-mail to jezek2@advel.cz or contact me through IRC on QuakeNet (#resforce channel), you can also use the Chat page. Provide e-mail you used for pre-order or other proof of purchase (eg. PayPal receipt).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:12 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

jezek2 volee :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:24 pm 
Expert
Expert

The player model, weapon & player dynamics and map are plain awful. Fix this and your game might be worth preordering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:50 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

New version is available, introducing three new maps, improved leaning, server browser and other improvements and bug fixes.

The biggest news is however that since this year we're now two people team, both dedicated to this game. This is a big boost to development of Resistance Force. BirthNight is audio/music guy primarily but fell love into mapping, modelling and many other things. This allows me to focus more on the game core and together making assets faster and better.

Image Image
Image Image

You can see more screenshots and download the game
(available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X)

Build #16 2012/11/13 (public alpha):
- Added 3 new maps
- Fixed reloading animation
- Added dynamic weapon movement when moving mouse
- Improved leaning
- Added correct penumbra for dynamic shadows
- Removed tips
- Added server browser
- Added ability to call vote (for map change)
- Fixed head triangles that were popping into view sometimes
- Fixed visible floating weapon at origin when player connects
- Added 64bit binaries for Linux (also fixes problem with ATI drivers)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:47 am 
Expert
Expert

Hi jezek2

I downloaded and tested here, your game seems to going in a nice way. It have only 3 servers? Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:08 pm 
Master
Master

Graphically the thing isn't impressive but slows down like a truck. Shooting doesn't feel like anything. For now I can say that the game offers absolutely NOTHING. TCE already does it all and does it better. Is there any to-do list of features that make the game outstanding in the crowd? If not, then it's about time to create one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:02 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Not sure what exactly you mean with that slow down like a truck part, but otherwise there is no disagreement from our side, the game needs to add many things. After all it's still alpha version. The graphics improves incrementally, and in the meantime the gameplay is what matters more.

As of outstanding from crowd, it already does even at this stage. It has it's followers, some very passionate. The game is really to fill a niche, not to compete with CS or COD, that's total non-sense.

I don't think making public TODO list is a good idea, many ideas sounds good on paper but then they can be awful when realized. In the end what matters for the gamer is if he likes the game or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 pm 
Master
Master

Just realized that during my post I sound kinda really bitchy... Sorry 'bout that, didn't really mean it.
Quote:
slow down like a truck
It was meant as the resource usage is quite inadequate for it's graphical fidelity. I guess this kind of corresponds to the next quote.

Quote:
After all it's still alpha version.
It indeed is.

Quote:
gameplay is what matters
I like the way you think - pure video game fun over graphics! It's good. :)

Quote:
As of outstanding from crowd, it already does even at this stage
I guess to some degree it does. I guess I might as well be spoiled by the fact that I've been playing True Combat for some time, which I even heard is the inspiration of RF. Again, alpha is alpha.

Quote:
I don't think making public TODO list is a good idea...
I see your point. However you have to understand that True Combat is actually a competitor to Resistance Force (unless you intend to create the gameplay totally different). True Combat is free, and albeit has dated, shows more progress than Resistance Force. It might end up in a situation where as your game might be suffering from low player counts because people can't find anything particular when looking at your project.

Last of all, I'm sorry for all these Resistance Force and True Combat comparisons. It just looks to me like that they are similar to each other in a setting and a gameplay standpoint (Modern times, close quarters, special operations squads versus terrorists, iron-sights, leaning and all that good stuff). I apologize if I've understood something incorrectly and please inform me if I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Haraldzz wrote:
Just realized that during my post I sound kinda really bitchy... Sorry 'bout that, didn't really mean it.

Actually your post wasn't bad, we can look at our game from realistic point of view too :)

Haraldzz wrote:
It was meant as the resource usage is quite inadequate for it's graphical fidelity. I guess this kind of corresponds to the next quote.

Yeah, the engine is still quite unoptimized, for example the whole map is rendered each frame. I'm working on implementation of sectors to divide the world. The features of engine are otherwise quite lightweight (even the dynamic shadows), so after all the major optimizations are done it should work quite nicely even on old P4 with NV6600GT (which is my minimum target specs), though possibly without the dynamic shadows to get better FPS.

Haraldzz wrote:
However you have to understand that True Combat is actually a competitor to Resistance Force (unless you intend to create the gameplay totally different). True Combat is free, and albeit has dated, shows more progress than Resistance Force. It might end up in a situation where as your game might be suffering from low player counts because people can't find anything particular when looking at your project.

The gameplay is very inspired from TCE, but it goes it's own way (including having interested people that don't know TCE or don't like it). The difference is mostly in details but these shifts the game a bit more into tactical / slower pace. We have played TCE as a clan with more slow pace than others, to the point where sometimes on public servers everyone shot each other within like 40 secs and then they were annoyed when we still were playing :D

TCE is dated and there is no further development. Yes there is development within the TC franchise, but it goes in little different ways than in TCE. Each game is unique, even if they're very similar in many things. There was quite community split even between 0.48 and 0.49 versions of TCE, though maybe some just used that as an excuse to stop playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:38 pm 
Master
Master

I see. Thank you for the information. Will be following the progress, I read you have some neat technology behind it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:01 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

New version is available, adding dynamic shadows to point lights, weapon recoil, updates to Central map and other improvements and bug fixes.

We now also have the ability to download custom content when joining a server, and there is already one community map available by Leiche. You can test it by joining the community server and using map vote to choose the map.

Image Image
Image Image

You can see more screenshots and download the game
(available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X)

Build #17 2012/12/08 (public alpha):
- Added dynamic shadows to point lights
- Fixed garbled texturing of some polygons on player model
- Improved dynamic weapon movement
- Added weapon recoil
- Adjusted weapon fire positions
- Slowed down fire rate for SMG weapon
- Added server configuration file
- Added support for downloading custom maps when connecting to server
- Lowered volume of footsteps when walking crouched or aimed
- Added displaying of player name who killed you
- Fixed loading of controls from config file