All times are UTC

Post subject: ps3/HAZE
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ps3's HAZE:
http://www.jeux-france.com/news20358_ha ... ectar.html

im sure you have to pay more than 600$ if u wanna run that on your computer,

PS, The Darkness of the ps3 version will have 40percent more content compared to all the other platform's due to BLUE RAY,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:50 pm 
High Master
High Master

Not really. I bought my PC during the PS2 and Xbox generation, and I bought it for about 300 then. Same price as a console during the time. I've spent about another 200 upgrading it. If I wanted my PC to be better than a PS3 all I have to do is spend about 300 bucks.

So, if I wanted to stay on top of consoles I'd be paying 300 for a PS2 and 600 for a PS3, thus 900ish bucks. Now, my PC, though not as good as a PS3 atm, cost me a total of 500 so far, and if I wanted to get the video card that can make my PC better than a PS3 I'd be paying 300-400 bucks, so a total of 800-900 bucks.

So, it's about the same price to keep a PC on par with consoles, but PC's always end out with the better graphics after about a year. Also, PC have more uses than a console. Every college student needs a PC now-a-dayz, so they already have to buy a PC. Fixing up that PC would be cheaper than buying a PS3. To top it off, PC games are cheaper and can have mods, so PC is the better of the consoles. Granted, the PS3 has a cell processor, but AMD's 4*4 will be surpassing after a while, and maybe a year from now there should be good deals on 4*4 processors and mobos.

However, console gaming is more comfortable, because not every one plays their PC games on their couch with a decent sized LCD HD TV, but if one is so inclined, they can be like me and play on a 40 inch wide screen TV while on their couch. If you have a HD TV and a new video card, then your image will show up crystal clear on TV.

Now, when the next generation comes, I will be able to just upgrade what I have now, just like I did before, so it saves me the trouble of having to get a whole knew PC every time new tech comes out, I can just buy things as they come along, and you can get great deals while you slowly upgrade your PC, making it even cheaper to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

"so a total of 800 900 bucks"

and than u will also need to suffer with all those repetitive pc genres "FPS" "RPG" "RTS"

boring...........

and dont tell me pc has unique titles, ive been checking out all the gaming websites, most pc titles are FPS's or RTS's or RPG's, most of them are FPS's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:10 pm 
High Master
High Master

PC gaming is more innovative than console games bud. If you really look at the selection of PC games, and not just the games that are big, then you'd see that most things that are "Innovative" on console, were already on PC. Resident Evil 4 is one of the few games that was truly ground breakingly innovative. PC games are always one step ahead of console games. Console games tend to get their ideas from PC games.

MGS4 is just a giant copy of games before it, it just looks like they improved some of the features it's copying. the same thing went for MGS 1, 2 and 3. If you really knew your games then you'd know that.

The wii is the only console out right now that has truly innovative games at the moment, I say that because the wii opened gaming to a whole knew field. Let's just pray that the field stays fun.

EDIT: My grammar gets worse by the day. Another Edit, Wii stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
PC gaming is more innovative than console games bud. If you really look at the selection of PC games, and not just the games that are big, then you'd see that most things that are "Innovative" on console, were already on PC. Resident Evil 4 is one of the few games that was truly ground breakingly innovative. PC games are always one step ahead of console games. Console games tend to get their ideas from PC games.

MGS4 is just a giant copy of games before it, it just looks like they improved some of the features it's copying. the same thing went for MGS 1, 2 and 3. If you really knew your games then you'd know that.

The wii is the only console out right now that has truly innovative games at the moment, I say that because the wii opened gaming to a whole knew field. Let's just pray that the field stays fun.

EDIT: My grammar gets worse by the day. Another Edit, Wii stuff.

if u claim that pc games r more innovative, than why do i keep seeing the same genre's over and over and over and over again,
i watch game kings, its a dutch gaming show, they are not biased, all they do is give honest reviews, but 95% of all their game reviews are console games,

and if u say MGS 1, 2, 3, is copying other games, than your the one that dont know all about games, before MGS 1 came out, i havent seen any game that allowed players to drag dead body's into a closet, or break necks from behind yet, also havent seen any games that made u feel like your the head actor in a movie, havent seen any games with an awesome story line before MGS 1 came out,

dont really know what your talking about mate, :roll:

P.S. why cant i play a decent 3D fighting game on a PC? " for 2 players on 1 screen"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:40 pm 
High Master
High Master

There was a game called Die hard trilogy that was a launched with the PS1. One of the part of the game was a sneaking game, where you did a lot of peering around corners. Also, you got to sneak behind people, and get this, BREAK THEIR NECK! Now, that was the major so called innovativeness in MGS1. Now, there we're a few other games that encouraged sneaking, the same type that was in MGS 1 before MGS one came out. Die hard wasn't the only game to beat MGS to the punch. Now, MGS wasn't the first game to make you feel like the hero, Die hard trilogy was based on the Die Hard Movies, and if you watched them, that would have great significances in making you feel like the head actor of a movie. WOW MGS got beat again! This isn't looking good for MGS now is it? It's not over yet. Syphlon filter was a 3rd person/first person game like MGS 2, and it was out before MGS 2, years before! Wow, isn't that amazing? It gets worse! Play Odd World's Abe's Odyssey's, then tell me where MGS 1 and two got a lot of their humor from. You'd be surprised at how much the guards in each game have in common when you *i-need-a-broader-vocab* with them. Now, how can it get any worse you ask? Well let me tell you. MGS used existing characters to come up with how he wanted snake to look. At lest Syphlon filter took the liberty and say, I will make a character who looks like an average special force member. Ohh, and did I forget to mention, that a lot of the bad guys in MGS are based on characters from other games? You know, it would be to much work to make an innovative villain wouldn't it?

There is much much more to go into, so much so I don't feel like getting into it all. I can pick at the flaws in MGS plot, compare all of it's features to games that were out before it, how it copies director techniques from other games or how it copies the humor style from games before it. But I'll be nice and end here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:57 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Its just another one of those superweapon/superability shooters. Nothing really new about except a new coat of paint. Just like movie producers many video game companies are running out of fresh ideas and most are afraid to try new ideas because those might not work and they'll lose money.

Lately if you havent notcied that a lot of shooters are coming out featuring a superweapon or a superability designed to make the game damn easy. Haze is one, Crysis, Fracture, Crackdown, Shadowrun, Bioshock etc etc etc - ever since HL2 came out with its body manipulating Physgun.

Noone is saying the PC has unique titles becuase every platform has garbage ideas like this. It is cheap and not worth $50USD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:59 am 
High Master
High Master

It does look fun, but I can get the same pleasure out of many other games.

Off Topic: I can't wait till HL2 releases the portal gun. I'm not so thrilled about HL2 Episode 2, I just want the portal gun to be in mods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:03 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

PC games:
RPG
FPS
RTS
TPS
Puzzle
Simulators.

Console games:
FPS
RPG
TPS

real big variety there, champ :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:07 am 
High Master
High Master

Consoles have hack and slash games, like God of War, which are always fun till you hit the learning curve. (An hour tops).

PC gaming just owns consoles, there is no debate. However, consoles are more relaxed. Like I said before, most people don't have their PC's hooked up to a TV, so they can't enjoy sitting on a couch lounging while they play a game.

Also, console games tend to be easy in comparison to PC games, which I dislike since most games these days are too easy. I shouldn't be able to beat a game with just the starter weapon and a knife. MGS is no exception, it was far to easy for me to consider it a great game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:16 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
Also, console games tend to be easy in comparison to PC games, which I dislike since most games these days are too easy. I shouldn't be able to beat a game with just the starter weapon and a knife.

I disagree wtih that.

you should be able to do it, but it should require tons of practice, and be only for the truly elite. like beating th cyberdemon in doom 1 with a pistol start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:21 am 
High Master
High Master

I beat Resident evil 4 with knife and hand gun the first time around. That's what I'm talking about too easy. It was going to be knife only, but that was a little too hard. (Bosses and chainsaw guys can't be knifed to death.) Halo 1 beat that on legendary with a pistol, or at lest my bro and I co'opted it like that. Most of these games out now-a-dayz, mainly console, are too easy, but I like games that have you near death half the time and low ammo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:23 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well do you know the reason why games are getting easier and easier? Its these superweapons or abilities I keep mentioning. Like Hl2 for instance all I ever needed to use was a grav gun and byebye Combine army.

On the other hand with the case of these many other games with this style of gameplay, story is always cliche: Hightech corporation gives you superweapon or superability, you are in military or police, you pound countless enemies with said weapon/ability, and you get away unscathe. <that is purely BS.

Good games and even though sequels are games like Tomb Raider, Tom Clancy (any), Call of Duty and others where you atleast are challenged to fight a superior number of enemies who at the same time have superior weapons. (Yeah the damn Tiger tank took some time around an hour and a half running behind ruins before I got the charges on it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:26 am 
High Master
High Master

FL:2 grav gun was over kill, but HL:2 was always about the mods and new engine too me. The physics in HL:2 forced most games to implement good physics in their games. It kinda raised the bar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:45 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

It kinda abused the bar. They picked up the bar and shoved it right up someone's... All there games I mentioned and many other games I didnt mention are too easy because of these abiltiies and weapons that basically make the game toddler easy.

Lets just face it, games with good concept and plot are very rare these days.

Although Haze does look pretty amazing but the idea isnt very original.