All times are UTC

Post subject: gamma problems....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:06 pm 
Expert
Expert

- I took my PC home for christmas, but have been using a different monitor here (an old 17' LCD).
-In other games there have been no problems
-however in tc:e, my gamma is messed up. the r_gamma command does not change anything (no difference between r_gamma 0 and 2)
-the only way I can change the lighting at all from the horrible murky brownness is by changing dynamic eye, and all that does is make some of the bright areas so ridiculously bright that i cannot see a thing. (gun flash = fire a bullet and see white screen lol)

ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:04 pm 
Master
Master

try to lower its value from console or game menu to .1 then go back to your desired value. had same problem some time ago ive observed it will have to be done every time you run the game :) so best way is probably to delete etconfig from profile. if changing to .1 and then to your value helps =)

about bright areas and so on. maybe r_mapoverbrights and r_overbrightbits are messed up. make them default values or just kill the god damn etconfig from profile :)

also might be a solution to rollback to last good configuration drivers and then update with managment console > your video card > update drivers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:20 am 
Expert
Expert

nbz the wise has helped me.

for some reason my etconfig wasnt in my autoexec

smart times! :d

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:22 am 
Master
Master

wierd stuff you say =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:43 pm 
Master
Master

there are basicly two etconfig.cfg files in TC:E

-one is located in root tcetest dirctory and contains all default variables witch are set by game developers and witch are set when you run game first time
-second one is located in profiles/yourprofilename/ directory and contains all the data youve changed in options menu or typed in console

etconfig.cfg located in root is just backup copy of a 'clear' settings

profiles/yourprofilename/etconfig.cfg loads itself right after you doubleclick the game icon. this cfg file reflects your up to date configuration

autoexec.cfg contains added variables execed right after game reads all from profiles/yourprofilename/etconfig.cfg

so by adding exec etconfig.cfg to your autoexec.cfg you exec etconfig.cfg copy from root directory witch is created when you run the game first time.
wicked way to solve your problem =) good that it helped